Saturday, August 21, 2010

I Need to See Where I'm Going

It could be true that "seeing is believing," but for me "seeing is understanding." Perhaps you are a visual learner, too. Most adults are. I have marked up this map of China to help everyone understand where it is I'm going.

I fly into Hong Kong on Thursday September 2, which because of the 12- hour time difference it will actually be 7 pm September 3rd. In the next day or two I will fly north to Jiangxi Province. We will stay in a hotel in the capital city of Nanchang. Because the orphange is a 4.5 hour drive our children will be brought to us on Monday,September 6.

We stay in Nanchang for paperwork and time exploring the area our children are from. I'm not sure yet which day, but we will then travel to Guangdong Province and its capital Guangzhou. This is where the US Consulate is and my appointment there is September 13th.A couple more days of paperwork, a final medical check, and receiving the ever important Visa for Phoebe.

Late on September 15 I will fly from Guangzhou to Hong Kong and leave from there at 10:30 on September 16 and because of the same 12-hour time difference I will land in Newark at 2 pm September 16!

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited to be following along... it's bringing back some memories for me.

    Another Tonggu Mama

    ReplyDelete