Friday, September 17, 2010

Yes, We Are Home!

We are home. Fresh air, drinkable water, the same detour on White Horse Rd... Familiar is good.

I would love to show you a picture of Phoebe in her bassinet in the plane, but ummmm Dave has the card reader. I would love to call some of you to say we are home, but ummmm my cell phone hasn't surfaced in the heaps of "stuff" that came home. Can you tell we are still getting ourselves organized!?!

Right now the task is finding the wipes, diapers and the right size clothes to wear, and in the places they need to be when I need them!

I know it's too soon to tell, but our "day" is actually happening in the right time zone!!! We slept from 8 pm to 3:30 am. Got up for some light food and little play, went back to sleep at 6 and she woke at 7:30 on her own. And we did breakfast and play and nap at 9:30! I did wake her at 11:30, then play, lunch, play, nap at 2 pm! We'll see how tonight goes...

Once Dave and I get ourselves straightened out, and pics on both of our computers, I'll post some more random trip photos with more miscellaneous tid bits from the trip that didn't make it to other posts along the way...

I will call as soon as I find my phone, and hope to see some of you soon.

8 comments:

  1. Good for you! Amidst all these adjustments you are keeping us in the loop. I have thoroughly enjoyed your entries & melted over the photos. I tip my hat to you; you are on a roll.

    Fondly, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to Phoenixville! We cooled the weather down just for you. Glad to read you and Phoebe are already on an East Coast schedule and getting settled in. Thanks for keeping us updated still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to read the story and see those cute pictures of your
    adorable little Phoebe. Thank you for writing this and taking us along on your amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Arlene:

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful story. Pheobe is amazing. Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay Congratulations "new mommy" & welcome to your new life Phoebe!!! We are so happy for you both:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, and L'shana Tovah a little late! Glad you're settling into your schedule already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! Mazel tov!! Great stories and pictures. Thanks so much for this terrific record of your trip. Enjoy the wonderful times ahead!

    This reminds me of our adoption trip, only yours went more quickly and seemed to run into fewer glitches. Glad you had the opportunity to see some of the local culture. Pheobe will want to know about that someday, and will treasure the things you bought for her. Your comments about the traffic and crossing streets were particularly reminiscent. I become really good at running across a street with the baby stroller during a break in traffic, and tipping it up just at the right time to get over the curb on the other side. No curb cuts, of course.

    I'm also glad to hear Phoebe is already potty trained and able to respond to commands and suggestions. You're very fortunate. This can be expected to last much at least until her second birthday. She looks curious, too, so child proofing is essential. Some kids open drawers and hang on them, threatening to tip over the furniture. I was always amazed at how inventive they can be.

    I also liked your story about the excursion to the local restaurant. It must be standard practice to serve chicken in broth, feet and all. We encountered that, too, at a Chinese restaurant in Asuncion.

    Happy trails, and love to you both.

    ReplyDelete