Wednesday, September 01, 2010

T'was the Night Before ...

T'was the night before leaving
and all through my mind
were the lists I was checking  --
did I leave anything behind?

The directions and instructions address all the issues
about the papers, passports, and remembering tissues.
I with my 44 pound bag, Dave has his, too
We leave from Newark, gate number two.

A Boeing 777 will fly almost 16 hours overnight
to Hong Kong where we'll take in some of the sights.
A cable car to Victoria Peak, a ferry on Pearl River
Forty eight hours later, I'll have a daughter and Phoebe a mother.

We are equally lucky and fortunate to be united
and at the US Consulate, we become family after the oath is recited.
The wait has been a rollercoaster where I cried  and smiled --
I hung on because I wanted to make a difference in the life of a child.  

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, Andrea! Hope the flight goes well and you get settled in China without too much trouble. Gus, Al, and I will be following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally thinking of you and cannot wait to read your posts everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the next phase of your amazing journey to Phoebe. Your fan club in the States will be with you every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your rested and having a great time!!

    A CCAI friend in San Diego, Ca

    Phil and Ruth San Filippo

    ReplyDelete