Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Pepsi and Toilets Are All We Need

Dave found where to buy Pepsi. All's good with the world now!

And I haven't seen a squatty potty yet, so there is plenty of proof that western toilets do exist.

We figured out now that Phoebe likes rice powder and milk formula thick, like cream of wheat thick and she "drinks" it from a cup, two hands all by herself.

She had a pediatrician's appt yesterday and all is good. Nothing to note other than
to keep giving her the formula. She does seem a bit small especillly compared to other babies who are younger than she.

Phoebe fussed while the Dr looked her over, but she was immediately comforted as soon as I was able to pick her up! A good sign!








3 comments:

  1. Tee hee, I never used a squatty potty either while I was in China! I held it till I was back at the hotel. I'm so glad Dave doesn't have to do without his Pepsi. Lord knows, he needs some calories since I know he's not eating much.

    I'm so glad I've been able to skype with you guys the last two days. I feel better knowing I can see and talk to you.

    I know it's hard being a mom in a hotel room, but all your little girl needs is you! It's so wonderful seeing her with you and laying on you so comfortably. I hope you are feeling more at east at this mother thing. There is nothing like it!

    Can't wait to see you home with your girl!

    Love you!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so comforting to see you and Phoebe just being together. She seems very relaxed with you and you with her. Have you taken her outside yet? Once you're home "motherhood" should be a lot easier on you. You'll have everything right at hand(and all of us) to help.

    What is a squattty potty? Or should the explanation wait for another time?

    Love and kisses to Mommy and Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea,

    Glad you were able to figure out a good mix of formula for her. I have heard that that texture is very common and that often children use a cup to drink it - I guess Phoebe is proof positive. That will certainly make life a little easier.

    Phoebe looks so happy. You can tell how much she enjoys being with you. It must be really hard to stay in a hotel and find everything you need. I remember how hard I found being a first time mother, even in my own home. It only gets better and easier. Though, on second thought, I do find the teen years a bit of a challenge. I think I was a much better mother when my kids were between the ages of 1-8.

    Hang in there.

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete