Monday, September 06, 2010

I'm a BIG girl...

Forget the bottle, or the sippy cup, I'm going straight for the glass!

The bottle is not going so well. Can't tell if it is the nipple or the formula, so we tried water from a glass and she drank it... And she wanted to hold the glass herself.

Phoebe slept through the night last night but I did not because she managed to get her legs through the crib rails and I thought she was going to slip out.So between 3 and 6am I kept getting up to move her legs back in the crib.

For breakfast Phoebe ate rice soup (Congee) and steamed eggs. For lunch she had rice cereal and went down for a nap immediately after. She likes to fall asleep on my shoulder.

Today we went the Registration Office, and then saw the Notary and Phoebe is officially my daughter. September 6th 2010.

Later we got to meet the director of her orphanage and took a picture of him. I was given her finding ad and the everything I sent in her care package(Rattle toy from Dave's mom, a receiving blanket from Sherry, a stuffed animal from my mom, and a disposable camera that hopefully has pictures on it).

I was also fortunate to receive the clothes that she was found in and her birth note that confirms her birth date December 27th 2009 at 10:20pm.

We are in Nanchang, and it has 4 million people and 4 million cars, bikes, and mopeds all thinking they have the right of way. Our guide said don't look down at the traffic just look at her.Our bus decided to make a U-turn across 6 lanes of traffic, and boy was that an experience!

12 comments:

  1. Lov'n these pictures! Her smile is AWESOME!!!!

    WOW!!!! The clothes she was found in!!! and the note! Priceless!

    One of the little girls in our travel group also drank out of glass! If you get the chance and if you remember (ha - my head seemed to be come a big pile of noodles when I became a Mama), ask about Phoebe's Foster Parents. We were given the names (and then months later pictures). The glass drinking is probably a Foster Family thing.

    -Mary in Saint Louis
    Another Tonggu Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Andrea, she is so beautiful. I'm happy to see a smile on Phoebe's face as well as the happiness on your face when you look at her. Right to the glass and holding it. Wow! It's wonderful you were able to get those precious keepsakes from Phoebe's finding. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea,

    Looks like all is going really well. I agree that the glass may be how she was fed at the foster home. A great skill. She looks like she is a pro. Emily started refusing a bottle at 9months and she too loved the cup. That will make things very easy. We kept several bottles to transport formula - much easier to carry than a full cup with a lid.

    Best wishes to a continued smooth transition. Congratulations

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, she is gorgeous..I can not wait to meet her:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea,
    I love Phoebe's smile, she make me smile. She looks so content resting on your shoulder. I can't wait to meet Phoebe in person. How does it feel mommy?
    Howard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Phoebe, you are a sweet angel. It's so wonderful to see you smile. Welcome to our family. I couldn't be happier for you, your mommy and your grandmother. This is sent to you with love by your great aunt Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no more pleasure than seeing a sweet beautiful smile on your child. Phoebe looks as sweet as sweet can get and I can't wait to smack my lips on her cheeks. Her smile just brightens and takes up her entire beautiful face. See how different our baby girls can be?! Rachel loved her bottle, but was so easy to give it up when it was time.

    Oh Andrea, words cannot convey my feelings of happiness for you. I'm so happy we are part of this journey, even if I had to miss my husband like crazy to experience it! I can confirm that "absence does make the heart grow fonder!"

    Miss you and can't wait to see you! Love you girl! Love you Phoebe!!!!

    Love,
    Aunt Sherry, Jake & Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Andrea!

    I'm so happy to see that you have Phoebe and already look so natural holding and feeding her. Your mom called Sunday to tell me you have her. Enjoy all the newness of your baby and your experience in China.
    I can't wait to see you both.

    Love,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Andrea! I'm so happy for both you and Phoebe. Phoebe has a contagious smile and appears to be very content with you. It's a very exciting time! Phoebe's adoption day is exactly 2 months after Devyn's! Isn't it interesting to start your family in a hotel room? I hope the rest of your trip goes well - will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Devyn and I cannot wait to meet Phoebe in person. Until then, we look forward to following the blog and seeing more photos. Take care!

    Barb Norman

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! So happy to see these photos of you and Phoebe!!!!! She is TOTALLY ADORABLE!!!!!!
    I have to tell you that G had issues with her bottle at first. Most of these kids don't "suck". The nipple hole has to be large...large enough for a free flow and for G, her bottles HAD TO BE HOT! None of this warm stuff her her. After I made these changes...it's was BOTTLES all the way! Worth a try if you want that bottle time! Hugs. Enjoy! Stephe

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is just perfect! I have mastered how to make steamed eggs--they were one of Lydia's favorites. So, I can give you the recipe when you get home if you want to keep giving her some. Post more pictures when you can!
    Kelly
    www.wearegraftedin.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a thrill to see you two together at last. It seems to be a perfect fit, as if your shoulder is nothing new to her. If her smile is any indication, bonding is off to a splendid start. Enjoy it, you earned it. Fondly, Sandy

    ReplyDelete