Saturday, July 24, 2010

Adoption Alphabet Soup

Let's see how good you are...
DTC 4/25/06
LID 4/29/06
DOR 7/15/10
LOA 7/19/10
DD Phoebe Liat-Yin
waiting for TA

That's right, the adoption community has a language of its own. When posting messages in adoption-related forums, these abbreviations become part of your signature line

Here's the translation:

Date To China is the date my paperwork arrived in China.
Log in Date is the date my paperwork was well, logged in. aka when the wait "starts"
Date of Referral is the date I got The Call.
Letter of Acceptance was the day I signed this document and returned in to the agency
Dear Daughter is Phoebe
Travel Approval is, actually I'm not sure. It might be the day the agency calls and says, Andrea you need to be [here] on [here], which can be 5-7 days from when that call comes!

And TA is what I'm waiting for. Maybe in a few weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment