Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What Comes after the Journey? A Trek?

I suppose the journey to creating a family is over, huh? Accomplished. If that was a journey, what's the next stage? A trek? I imagine mothers out there will have various answers for me!

As I mentioned early on, I decided to create the blog to help keep friends and family up-to-date during the last months of the wait and to share our experience in China. This will be the last entry.

Thank you to everyone who took interest in our journey and shared their thoughts and good wishes along the way. The keepsake book that will come of these posts and comments will be an invaluable gift for Phoebe throughout her entire life.

Here's what's been happening, now home for one month. Enjoy the pictures below as well.

By all accounts Phoebe is doing very well. She is gaining weight, she sleeps 10-11 hours overnight and takes two short naps. She eats well, -- formula/rice cereal concoction (by spoon), baby food and people food.  We skipped the whole bottle step; she has recently mastered the sippy cup. She crawls well, pulls herself up easily, has developed a liking to cats and dogs... etc, etc, etc.

We get out a lot -- walks, parks, pet stores, small gatherings at the synagogue, play dates (that is, adult conversation dates) with other children ...

Friends have been visitors or visitees and have been an invaluable part of managing the beginnings of motherhood for me. I am grateful, comforted, relieved, fulfilled to have built relationships with some wonderful people over the years, and to be able to have these friends in our lives for years to come.  









2 comments:

  1. What an amazing new life you have...a very joyful one I must say:)I am so happy for you two..The photos show how happy she is with her new Mommy!! Just beautiful!! I wish you lots of luck, love & happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beauty Andrea...I don't know if you remember me....Amy's sister...I've been hearing about your adventures on the road to becoming Phoebe's mom for quite some time...so glad Amy sent me a link so I can see this gorgeous daughter of yours! Sorry you won't be blogging any more...but my goodness you must be so busy!!!! If you have a moment, please drop by and visit my blog any time (LOL, a moment with a baby and a single mom!)

    I'm so happy for you and for Phoebe...you two will have a joyful life together I can see it in her eyes...she is a happy child, she is home with her Momma.

    ReplyDelete